I baked some yummy, yummy lactation cookies recently. Yes they really were yummy and anyone can really eat them. These super yum cookies just happen to have healthy stuff in them that help us lactating people out.
All you gotta do is bake some oatmeal cookies and add a little flax-seed meal and brewer's yeast and you have a recipe for milk. Or I should say you have a recipe to go with some milk?
Hmmm, I guess it depends on how you look at it.
I was afraid the cookies wouldn't be good, so when it came time to add the chocolate chips I added a TON of them. Well to be honest I added the whole bag. You see, this was my first time making cookies from scratch (yes, I know that is bad). I was afraid I would screw something up and I was afraid that you'd be able to taste the flax-seed and brewer's yeast, so I loaded them with chocolate.
And they were good.
For added milk production boost, try adding some slithered almonds as almonds are great for milk production too.
I have made my recipe based off of two recipes that I've used...basically it's a combination with my added love for chocolate. This recipe gets you about 4(ish) dozens depending on how you big you make them.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- 2 Hershey bars broken into chunks
- 2 tablespoons brewer's yeast (you can add a little more if you want)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix your flax seed meal with the water and leave it sit for a few minutes in a bowl
- Beat your butter, sugar and brown sugar in a bowl
- Add eggs to this mixture and then mix well
- Add the flax seed mixture and the vanilla extract and beat well
- In a separate bowl combine the salt, baking soda, flour and brewer's yeast (you can sift but I didn't)
- Stir the dry ingredients into the butter mix
- Stir in the oats and chocolate chips and chunks
- Scoop onto baking sheet
- Bake for about 11 minutes
- Cool and enjoy!
There are lactation cookie recipes all over the internet so feel free to search out the one that works best for you.
Enjoy your cookies...and milk.
Thanks for reading, Sasha